With over ten years of broad-based litigation and appellate experience, Senior Attorney J. Robert (Rob) Skeels is a seasoned trial lawyer who believes that the best defense takes into consideration the clients’ goals and expectations. He considers timely, clear, and actionable responses to client questions to be of paramount importance, and early, regular, and honest evaluations to be the key to developing successful litigation strategies and assessing early resolution potential.
Rob has represented some of the largest and most well-known corporations in the commercial transportation, hospitality, and insurance industries. He has extensive experience handling premises liability, deceptive trade practices, debt collection, commercial transportation and motor carrier defense, appellate law, construction, and healthcare liability matters.
A 1997 graduate of Baylor University, Rob worked as an environmental consultant in Dallas for several years before attending the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California.
While in law school, Rob attended summer international law courses taught by Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy in Salzburg, Austria, where he met his future wife. Rob also worked with the Juvenile Division of the Sacramento County Public Defender's Office while in school. After earning his law degree, Rob successfully passed both the California and Texas bar exams.
Rob lives in the Arlington area with his wife and three young boys. He used to have hobbies but now spends his time away from work as a full-time youth soccer spectator. He is licensed to practice law in all Texas state courts.
- Obtained defense verdict for commercial freight carrier in case involving damage to commercial buildings and telecommunications lines
- Successfully moved to strike expert physician at the start of trial in healthcare liability case involving wrongful death resulting in dismissal and successful defense of appeal
- Represented multiple prominent national commercial freight and passenger carriers to obtain favorable settlements and verdicts
- Successfully secured favorable settlement in action against employer for failure to provide safe workplace
- Successfully represented general contractor in workplace construction accident involving traumatic brain injury to obtain favorable settlement
- Multiple successful settlements and verdicts on behalf prominent corporations in the hospitality and restaurant industries
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Health Law
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- State Bar of Texas, 2005
Educational & Professional Background
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts, 1997
- Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas