Associate attorney Ty Vessels firmly believes that success – whether in his practice or in life - requires hard work, determination, and integrity. There are no short cuts, and Ty brings this relentless focus to solving his clients’ problems.
Ty’s practice includes the representation of architects and engineers as well as complex construction litigation. Having worked at a large structural engineering firm while in law school, Ty learned the ins and outs of the construction industry from the perspective of professional engineers and architects. This experience provided Ty with unique insights which inform his practice and help him serve his clients.
A graduate of Texas A&M University, Ty earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he was on the Dean’s list and served in leadership positions on multiple law journals.
Ty is licensed to practice in all Texas state courts.
- Member of defense team that won favorable settlement for a global top 100 ENG firm in the US Court of Federal Claims, lead discovery efforts, second chair at month long trial, lead post-trial briefing.
- Member of defense team for top 100 ENG firm that won favorable trial verdict against design builder regarding the heavy civil design and construction of a Texas highway for millions in outstanding fees, and successfully defended a cost overrun and disruption counter-claim worth over $70 million.
- Member of defense team for a global top 200 ENG firm that obtained favorable settlement in multimillion dollar delay and cost overrun case regarding the structural design of a performing arts center in South Carolina, deposed delay and damages expert, architectural standard of care expert, and fact witnesses.
- Secured early dismissal for architect client for failure to file the statutorily required certificate of merit.
- Secured early dismissal for structural engineer client for failure to file the statutorily required certificate of merit.
- Obtained favorable settlement for architect of record in apartment building envelope failure case, lead discovery efforts, defended liability expert depositions, took key liability expert and key fact witness depositions.
- Represented global top 100 architectural engineering firm, reached a settlement in excess of seven figures against worldwide computer software provider for breach of contract and warranty.
- Successfully represented geotechnical engineer in disciplinary proceedings before the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners and the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
- Successfully represented minority owned and disadvantaged engineering firm re-obtain its Minority Owned Business and Disadvantaged Business certifications after City of Austin revoked certifications due to alleged affiliations with larger entities.
- Successfully represented engineering firm in prosecution of fee claim against developer for outstanding fees.
Areas of Practice
- Architects and Engineers
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial and Transactional
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Honors & Recognitions
- Construction Law Journal, Managing Editor
- Real Estate & Construction Law Society, President
- Texas Journal of Business Law, Articles Editor
- Environmental Law Society, Co-President
- Transactional Law Practice Certificate
- Dean’s List, Spring 2015, Fall 2015
Educational & Professional Background
- South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2016
- Texas A&M University, Bachelors of Arts, 2012