901 Main Street Suite 4960 Dallas, TX 75202
An aggressive advocate who never loses sight of the need for cost-effective solutions, Rebecca Alcantar brings over 25 years of diverse experience and a long record of positive results to her general litigation practice.
Whether in the courtroom or at the negotiating table, Rebecca’s approach is both meticulous and strategic. She understands that successful outcomes aren’t the result of chance; they come from thorough preparation, a holistic view of the issues, and a deep understanding of the law. Rebecca’s skills as a business litigator have earned her the trust of a wide range of domestic and international companies and insurers. Her professional accomplishments have also earned her an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating for both ethical standards and legal ability
Rebecca’s practice is centered on the resolution of complex litigation matters, including the defense of construction lawsuits, healthcare liability claims, premises liability, transportation, products liability, and general business litigation. At trials, hearings, depositions, mediations, and arbitrations in state and federal courts, Rebecca is a tenacious defender of her clients in construction defect and premises liability cases, allegations of deceptive trade practices, contract disputes, warranty claims, non-subscriber, employment discrimination claims, and personal injury cases.
In addition to her active trial docket, Rebecca also represents clients at the appellate level, submitting briefs and presenting oral arguments at the state and federal level, including the Texas Supreme Court.
A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Rebecca earned her law degree at Texas Tech University School of Law, where she served as associate editor of the Texas Tech Law Review. She is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Obtained dismissal for global geotechnical engineering firm in which the client paid nothing in a settlement of a multi-party lawsuit involving a 43-home residential construction defect claim in New Mexico.
- Obtained defense verdict for property owner accused of lack of security related to a sexual assault on its business premises in Bexar County, Texas.
- Obtained several defense awards in arbitration matters defending a nursing home client in non-subscriber on-the-job injuries and Title VII discrimination claims.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of a transportation broker in a $7 million wrongful death lawsuit.
- Successfully represented a national title company in mortgage fraud cases throughout Texas, and successfully defended the company in quiet title actions and cases involving breach of indemnity agreements in mortgage title insurance policies.
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of an ambulance service company in medical malpractice case.
- Orchestrated successful settlements of multiple cases on behalf of corporate and insurance clients.
- Advised and represented multiple commercial businesses and premium funding companies in litigation claims arising from Hurricane Ike.
- On behalf of a subcontractor, obtained reversal of an appellate court decision in a leading case on sovereign immunity involving a municipality’s rail system. Reata Constr. Corp. v. City of Dallas, 197 S.W.3d 371 (Tex. 2006)
Publications & Presentations
- Builder’s Risk Insurance: Utilizing Builder’s Risk Policies to Help Settle Construction Defect Cases, coauthored May, 2016 Eagles International Associates
- Federal Ban on Hand-Held Mobile Telephone Use: Implications for Commercial Motor Vehicles, co-authored May 30, 2012 issue of The Voice, The Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Areas of Practice
- Architects and Engineers
- Construction Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Dallas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Honors & Recognitions
- AV Rated, a Martindale Peer Reviewed Rating
Educational & Professional Background
- Texas Tech University, Juris Doctor, 1992
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts, 1989
- Texas Tech Law Review, Associate Editor
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court