Kayla Sherrill uses her architecture background to strongly advocate on behalf design professionals. She accomplishes this through drafting motions, conducting discovery, and pursuing alternate dispute resolution methods. Kayla’s work focuses on litigation, as well as some transactional work, in order to provide architects and engineers the support they need.
- Drafted Chapter 150 Motions to Dismiss and successfully secured dismissal of claims against design professionals.
- Assisted architect with filing for copyright protection for architectural drawings
- Represented architects and engineers in both state courts and arbitration proceedings.
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Texas Construction Law Section, Member
- Women and the Law Section, Member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Educational & Professional Background
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2019
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, cum laude, 2016
- Texas 2019